2020 Swift Service Award: James Kitia and Theresa Venzke
James Kitia and Theresa Venzke first came to Swift in 2007, when their oldest son entered preschool. Over the last 13 years, they have been reliable volunteers for school activities such as field trips, reading day, field day, International Assembly, and much more. But they have also provided invaluable leadership—running a free summer soccer clinic for students (James); establishing and managing the annual Rummage Sale for 5 years and counting (Theresa); serving on Local School Council for 8 years, including a stint as chair (James); and devoting 10 years to tutoring, most often for the first graders in room 101 (Theresa). Equally important, they are both warm and welcoming, always willing to sit down over coffee to discuss how we can work together to create a loving community for our students and families. They show up with personal support exactly when it’s needed—providing last-minute language interpretation assistance for a new family; walking with teachers on the picket line; or frank parent-to-parent conversations about the value of public education and how we can always strive to do better. James and Theresa have made Swift a better place, and are ideal honorees for our first Swift Service Award.
SWIFT SERVICE AWARD
The Swift Service Award is given to a parent, teacher, or neighbor who has demonstrated enduring commitment to the Swift community. Awardees will embody Friends of Swift’s values: integrity; support of our diverse community; creativity; empathy and civic responsibility; and a playful spirit. Each year, we will honor someone who has made a long-term impact on our school and our students. The Award will be presented at the Swift Spring Social. In this first year, Friends of Swift board members selected an honoree. In future years, we anticipate opening a nomination process to the broader community.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
- Bronze level – $250 – Bronze sponsors receive two tickets to the event and VIP hour. Your logo will be included on our website, event poster distributed around Edgewater, Facebook event, in e-newsletter (250+ subscribers), and on signage at the event (150 attendees). Your business will get a “shout-out” prior to the event in the Facebook event, and a group thank you on our Facebook page post-event (430+ FB followers).
- Silver level – $500 – Silver sponsors receive four tickets to the event and VIP hour, and all the benefits of lower level sponsors. In addition, your logo will be included on a Sponsorship banner on the Swift fence for the 2020-2021 school year (visible near Thorndale Red Line station, ~6,000 riders weekly).
- Gold level – $1000 – Gold sponsors receive six tickets to the event and VIP hour, and all the benefits of lower level sponsors. In addition, your logo will be included on the event flyer and school newsletter (distributed in 630+ backpacks).
- Platinum level – $2500 – Platinum sponsors receive eight tickets to the event and VIP hour, and all the benefits of lower level sponsors. In addition, your business will get an individual Facebook “shout-out” from Friends of Swift after the event (430+ FB followers) and recognition during event remarks.
- Diamond level – $5000 – Diamond sponsors receive ten tickets to the event and VIP hour, and all the benefits of lower level sponsors. In addition, your business will have the opportunity to speak during the event program (150 attendees).
Deadline for inclusion in print materials: March 13
Sponsorships are available on Eventbrite, or mail checks payable to “Friends of Swift” to: Friends of Swift, 5900 N. Winthrop Ave, Chicago, IL 60660