DINING OUT FOR SWIFT
Are you connected to a local restaurant or business in Edgewater or Rogers Park? If so, then Dining Out for Swift is a great way for you to support our school. Each month, preferably on a Friday night, the Swift community and the business community will partner together to support our neighborhood school. At Swift, we often say we are “doing it better together.”
Here’s how it works
A restaurant or business chooses a Friday in 2017 to donate 10% of sales to Swift. Swift parents promote the program and your restaurant’s participation to our school community and Edgewater residents through flyers and social media. Then the restaurant makes a tax-deductible donation to Friends of Swift, with all donations going toward ongoing Swift needs, including instructional materials, supplies, and our annual Spring musical. We believe that local businesses keep our neighborhood schools strong, and stronger neighborhood schools produce stronger local businesses! (More Detail: Dining Out Proposal)
2017 Dining Out for Swift Calendar
- February 3 – Ethiopian Diamond Raised $468 for Swift School!
- February 27 – Swift Night Out at Income Tax Raised $5,272 in just one night!
- March 10 – Ethiopian Diamond Raised $365 for Swift School!
- April 21 – Patio Beef Raised $465 and increased their business by 40%!
- May 26 – Lickity Split Frozen Custard & Sweets (6056 N Broadway) Start your Memorial Day weekend off right with a treat from Lickity Split – 10% of sales made on this one day will go to Swift School!
- June – still available
- July – still available
- August – still available
- September – still available
- October – still available
- November – still available
- December – still available
Special Thanks to Income Tax Restaurant
As shown above, on Monday, February 27, 2017, Income Tax generously gave us their restaurant, donating food and wine for our first ever Swift Night Out. Because of their generosity we were able to raise $5,272 in just one night!
Special Thanks to Whole Foods
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017, the Whole Foods in Edgewater included Friends of Swift in their quarterly 5% Day, which brought in a total of $4,552 to Swift School!
Special Thanks to Independent Spirits
On November 26, 2016, Independent Spirits donated 10% of all of their sales to Swift School for “Small Business Saturday.” $1,000 was given to Friends of Swift through this one day event. Friends of Swift is grateful for the support of Independent Spirits and hope you will consider shopping at this local business.