Friends of Swift raises funds to support, enhance, and build the school community at George B. Swift Specialty School. We prioritize and fund programs that promote: arts integration; general and after-school programs; and enrichment for students and staff. Friends of Swift seeks to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for the Swift community and the Edgewater neighborhood.
Friends of Swift loosely formed in June of 2013 as a group of friends and neighbors who longed to support students at Swift. Since then Friends of Swift has grown to include community members, parents, and businesses throughout Edgewater and Chicago.
Natalie Archie, Swift parent (Treasurer)
Ally Brisbin, community member (Secretary)
Margaret Hagerty, community member
Jodi Lacy, Swift parent (President)
Laurie Mann, Swift teacher
Kathy O’Shea, Swift teacher
Alan Oviedo, community member
Nargiza Pulatova, Swift parent (Assistant Treasurer)
Krista Taylor, community member (Vice President)
- We value transparency and integrity. We are open and honest.
- We value our community. Cultural and socio-economic diversity makes our community stronger. We welcome varied perspectives that arise from our diverse experiences.
- We value creativity. Education opens minds through engaging, enriching, and progressive learning experiences.
- We value a supportive learning environment. We encourage empathy, responsibility, civic engagement, collaboration, and mutual respect between students, teachers, staff, and administration.
- We value a good time. A community that plays together stays together.